THE BEST WEDDING DANCE FLOOR SONGS
Is it just me or is a wedding dance floor one of the best places on Earth? Better than most nights out. And the photos... hilarious. Everyone's been drinking all day (or you don't drink but when The Backstreet Boys come on there's no stopping you), the bride and groom have done their first dance, cut the cake and it's time to bust out your moves. At one of my favourite weddings last year, the dance floor was full at 4pm and they hadn't even eaten yet, it was epic. BUT... once everyone's up there, you want them to STAY up there! You wanna get this party started and keep it going, right? So what do you need? A banging play list, obvs.
Here's a list of some of the best wedding dance floor songs in my experience. These tunes have never failed at any wedding I've been to or shot... in no particular order...
1. Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex
2. Everybody Get Up - 5ive
3. Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
4. You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
5. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
6. Twist and Shout - The Beatles
7. All Night Long - Lionel Richie
8. Tragedy - Steps
9. September - Earth, Wind & Fire
10. Now That We Found Love - Heavy D & The Boyz
11. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
12. Shut Up & Dance - Walk The Moon
13. I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
14. Relight My Fire - Take That & Lulu
15. Can’t Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake
16. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars
17. Got to Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
18. Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Richie
19. Blame it on the Boogie - The Jacksons
Great list amiright?? If you know of a wedding song that's yet to fail you on a wedding dance floor, whack it in the box below and press send so I can add it to the list!
And if you wanna get some Yorkshire up in there, throw in a bit of Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, One Direction & Girls Aloud. (Yeah that's right, Zayn Malik & Kimberley Walsh are from Bradford. Represent.)